Next-Gen Sequencing Testing
Next-gen sequencing is the engine that powers precision diagnostics, which in turn, powers precision medicine. Cancer diagnostics are evolving faster than ever due to the adoption of this technology and growing in importance. This technology helps medical professionals understand their patient’s tumors and make the proper clinical decision for the proper patient.
Advantages of using next-gen sequencing:
- Detailed interrogation and analysis of a tumor’s genome (coding DNA) and resulting changes (RNA) as well as of the patient’s constitution
- Offers insights to a patient’s prognosis and helps predict response and outcomes
- Is now more cost effective than old conventional methodologies such as FISH
Why physicians should adopt next-gen sequencing?
- Deeper insights about their patient’s disease
- Save time and tissue while getting a comprehensive answer
- Avoid multiple costly tests in search of a precision medicine that will be effective