Pain Free Liquid Biopsy
Liquid Biopsy for Patients
A Less Invasive Option for Tumor Profiling
A liquid biopsy is a recent advancement in the diagnostic field that allows physicians to use a blood draw in lieu of bone marrow biopsy for hematologic cancers. It can also be a useful tool for monitoring patients with solid tumors.
Because bone marrow biopsies and traditional biopsies can be painful and invasive this offers a patient a less invasive way to have their tumor profiled and monitored. It is also useful alternative for patient who cannot undergo a biopsy procedure.
The test looks for DNA/RNA that the tumor has sluffed off into the blood stream. It can provide insights into the cancer that are similar to a tissue sample.
Liquid biopsies are useful for:
- Detecting the presence of cancer and profiling the tumor
- Monitoring response to treatment
- Ongoing surveillance to detect if a relapse of the disease has occurred
Bone Marrow Biopsy
• Involves Pain
• Time consuming
• Pain free
How it works:
- A patient provides a blood sample
- The sample is sent to a lab for analysis
- Our lab uses advanced DNA/RNA sequencing technology to look for cancer cells that are circulating in the blood
- We analyze the results using algorithms and AI, then send a report back to your physician that may offer insights to the tumor and therapies that may be effective