Τhis Hematology/Fusion/Expression Profile provides clinically relevant information on Fusion/translocations and expression of various genes that are relevant in hematologic neoplasms. This assay is designed to detect various translocations involving ABL1, RUNX1, BCL2, RARA, PAX5, JAK2, CBFB, NUP98 and other genes involved in leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma.
Turn Around Time: 7-10 days
- Bone marrow: 2 mL. EDTA tube is preferred.
- Peripheral blood: 5 mL. EDTA tube is preferred.
- Fresh Tissue
- FFPE: 1 H&E slide and 6-10 unstained slides, 5-7 microns of BM clot or tissue fixed with 10% NBF fixative. Alternatively, the FFPE block of the BM clot can be sent for sectioning in our Lab.
Specimen Preparation and Shipping Guidelines
Use the Hematology Transport Kit or Solid Tumor Transport Kit (depending on the sample type)
- Complete Requisition, making sure all sections are completed in their entirety including client information, patient Information, specimen Information and test Selection. Missing information may delay reporting of test results.
- Diagnosis/patient history is extremely important in rendering the correct interpretation of results and should also be filled out as completely as possible. A copy of a Path report should be included.
- Ensure the specimen is labeled with patient name and number. A minimum of two patient identifiers is required for each specimen
For FFPE samples:
- If sending FFPE Block-Insert up to 6 blocks into plastic block tray provided. Insert block tray into foam insert in the transport box.
- If sending slides-Insert slides into plastic slide holders provided. Insert the slide holders into the foam insert in the transport box. The container will hold up to 6 maximum slide holders.
- Place folded test requisition(s) and/or manifest(s) if ordered electronically into the transport kit.
- Close box and tuck tabs into place. No tape necessary.
For blood samples:
- Ship using a cold pack. The cold pack should not directly contact the blood tube. Ship as soon as sample collected with overnight delivery.
Genes validated and tested for Mutations in DNA testing for hematology
How to complete
theAnthology Diagnostics requisition form.
Keep in mind that we do not accept blood samples directly from individuals. Talk with your M.D. to fill out the form for you.